Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Work Begins (Ch. 19)

Well..... it seems that we finally get to rest in London, finally I can get a little sleep or something else to put across my mind besides this epic adventure. It seems that Clerval has decided to mingle with the "men of genius and talent that flourished," which is fine with me. It seems that he is having more fun without me and besides I need to start on my work for that hideous creature I am forced to call my creation. There was something in Clerval I saw, it was almost as if starring into a broken mirror that can only show someones past self. He is was inquisitive and anxious to gain experience and instruction. We left London in pursuit of Oxford, where we stayed a considerable amount of time. We left Oxford with regret to proceed to Matlock where we could rest.

After Matlock we headed to Derby then to Cumberland and Westmoreland where we enjoyed and hated the life of a traveler. We scarcely visited the various lake through out these two towns and grew a liking to the inhabitants among them. I visited Edenburg with languid eyes and an exhausted mind, although Clerval did not like it as much as Oxford. It was after we left Edenburg when I finally admitted that I needed to separate from Clerval. I felt as bad as him when I told him I had to leave but he let me be and I was able to proceed with my business. I headed north to find these islands and on one I found a small shack to start my work. I had the place refurbished and everything and ever since I have been working on my unholy creation.

-Victor Frankenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment