Monday, November 22, 2010

It Is Time To Go Home (Ch.22)

I have been rotting in jail for some months and my father has visited me before I set out to head home to see my dear Elizabeth for whom I wished to marry. As I started my voyage back to my homeland and arrived at Paris exhausted but relieved to be back. It was as if my face was sagging so much I could place it around like clay. Also, my father helping erroneously was not working well for me or him. He tried everything he could on me but for the wrong reasons and every time I tried to tell him what was really the matter he thought I was delirious. I mean SERIOUSLY!!?!! I just wish he knew what was wrong with my life, I wish they all knew.

It seems that I have gotten a few letters from Elizabeth and she thinks I am in love with another woman!!! I have to tell her at once that I want her in my life and only her. I have to tell her my true love of her to her and I must make haste before she is too depressed by the thought of deception. If I do not hurry then I will lose her forever and of course I can't let that happen. There was only two things on my mind at that moment, the night of the wedding and the horror that will follow it.

It is the night of the wedding and Elizabeth and I were too thrilled to even speak of other topics. Yet there was still the fear of that awful daemon showing up. So I was forced by my conscience to carry pistols and daggers with me for protection, but this made Elizabeth worry. After the ceremony we had a pretty big party and set of on a small journey across the water. It was a sad time though because I knew it would be the last happy and enjoyable moment of my life.

-Victor Frankenstein

2 comments:

  1. This is great Micheal.
    You show each and every emotion that Victor is forced to embrace no matter how hard it is. You give a broad description of events while also connecting your individual insight. Keep up the good work. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give many details and show Victor's feelings throughout the chapter. I feel as if im in the story watching the story unfold. Great job.

    ReplyDelete